Painted Djembe Drum 8 X 16
Product ID : DP_ABcamo6
The Australian Aboriginals see themselves as the custodians of the Australian country side. The paintings on this drum were originally painted in the sand and only lasted until the wind blew. Use this drum as the Aboriginals dreamed their way of life. Out of all my drums, these drums seem to have some of the best open bass tones. This is the actual painting you will receive.
Djembe Drum Specifications:
- Drum is 16 inches tall, head size 6 - 8.5 inches
- Drum weight 4lbs. - 5lbs
- Made from a single piece of select grade plantation grown mahogany for a clear resonant sound
- Kiln dried to reduce cracking
- Legally harvested wood supporting the ecology and economy of the native country
- Lathe turned for a consistent/open sound and easy tuning
- Consistent bearing edges of improved sound quality and ease of tuning
- Goat skin drum head from the back of the goat where the skin is thicker for greate bass tones and longer head life
- Base and crown rings wrapped with cotton cloth for long rope life
- Rope tuned tightly with non-stretch weather resistant alpine rope for good bass and crisp slap drum tones
- Lightly varnished to seal in the natural wood oils to protect from cracking
- Rope handle for secure carrying and extra rope for easy tension adjustments.