Jester Djembe Drum 12 X 24
Product ID : Jester_24
The origins of the jester are possibly in prehistoric tribal society. However, jesters are mainly thought of in association with the Middle Ages. Their entertainment included music, juggling, clowning, and the telling of riddles.
Another unique Djembe from World Wide Drums.
Add the Lifetime Drum Head Service Guarantee to your Djembe purchase and World Wide Drums will replace your drum head free for as long as you own your drum. This Service Guarantee covers all labor and materials.
Djembe Technical Specifications:
- Drum is 24 inches tall, head size 12 inches
- Drum weight 9.5lbs. - 13lbs
- Made from a single piece of select grade plantation grown mahogany for a clear resonant drums sound
- Kiln dried to reduce cracking
- Legally harvested wood supporting the ecology and economy of the native country
- Lathe turned for a consistent/open sound and easy tuning
- Consistent bearing edges of improved sound quality and ease of tuning
- Goat skin drum head from the back of the goat where the skin is thicker for great bass tones and longer head life
- Base and crown rings wrapped with cotton cloth for long rope life
- Rope tuned tightly with non-stretch weather resistant alpine rope for good bass and crisp slap drum tones
- Lightly varnished to seal in the natural wood oils to protect from cracking
- Rope handle for secure carrying and extra rope for easy tension adjustments.
Djembe Bags for this Drum (12" head)